The Top Ten Thai Dishes Loved by Foreigners
Have you ever tried Thai food? Do you like it? Thaiways invites you to savour some mouth-watering Thai dishes which are most popular among foreigners.
In July 1999, the Office of the National Culture Commission announced the top ten Thai dishes best liked by foreigners. In cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Office had conducted a survey of Thai restaurants all over the world to find out ten favourite Thai dishes of foreigners. In the survey 1,000 Thai restaurants around the world were asked to fill in a questionnaire. However, only 500 restaurants which have Thai chefs and offer the authentic Thai food were qualified for being taken into consideration.
The results were the top ten Thai dishes which are listed below in order of their percentages of popularity
5. Kaeng Phet Pet Yang (Roast Duck Curry) 50%
6. Tom Kha Kai (Chicken in Coconut Soup) 47%
7. Yam Nua (Spicy Beef Salad) 45%
8. Mu or Kai Sa-te (Roast Pork or Chicken Coated with Turmeric) 43%
9. Kai Phat Met Mamuang Himmaphan
(Chicken Fried with Cashew Nuts) 42%
10. Kaeng Phanaeng (Meat in Coconut Cream) 39%